January 17, 2005

A Song For dubs

The song of the week is dedicated to our buddy dubs in the oval office, for his inauguration this week. I posted the lyrics to it on here a while back, at least what I had figured out. Now, we have the lyrics, and the song playing on my supplemental blog. The song is "Conservative Christian, Right Wing Republican, Straight White, American Males" by Todd Snider.

Any of you that have read some of my earlier posts, know that I am a huge fan of his. You could say I'm on his his jock like Michael Jackson at a... nevermind. For those who don't know, which is 99% of the world, Todd Snider is a folk/rock/alternative country singer/songwriter extraordinaire. He'll make you laugh. He'll make you cry. A version of Tom Petty with a little more twang and a little more social commentary.

This song is one of his more recent ones, and makes referance to a lot of recent news. Its funny, but it is probably his most country song ever recorded, so if you run from country, and any hint of it in music frightens you, it might not be your thing. It also expresses a liberal point of view, but I don't think it necessarily bashes conservatives. It does poke fun at stereotypes of conservatives and liberals. To quote Mr. Snider himself "I'm so liberal, I even like conservatives."

Have a listen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home