May 08, 2005

5.1 Surround DVD Music - NIN

When I bought the new Nine Inch Nails disc, I bought the "dual disc." It has a regular CD stereo version of the album on one side, and a 5.1 surround DVD music side. My previous opinions of 5.1 surround music was limited. I had heard two things as surround music before, and my opinions of both were very mixed. The Beastie Boys Anthology DVD's surround was crap, and the Tool DVD's surround was excellent, but not that different from a good stereo sound. Just better fill due to the usage of 5 speakers and a dedicated sub.

So, the NIN disc is the first recording studio to DVD audio I've ever listenened to. Might I add, it truly is a different experiance. The fading from front and back, side to side (kinda like switches) is an amazing effect with the style of music. Its a new experiance listening to the music in this format. I'm going to have to fork over the extra couple bucks with newly recorded music now. I need to check the format out on other genres of music.

So far the songs on the disc that stand out most for me are "All the Love in the World," "The Hand That Feeds," "Every Day is Exactly the Same," and "Only."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home