July 08, 2005

Music

  • Angry Chair by Alice In Chains
    • Greatest band ever. I'm not saying any more.
  • The End covered by Days of the New
    • This one is off the stoned immaculate disc. A lot of good bands on it, covereing the doors. Days of the New would have been an amazing Doors cover band. Then again, so would The Cult, Creed (I shudder saying that), and even Stone Temple Pilots. The choice of Smash Mouth on the disc scares me. Also a cool version of Roadhouse blues is on it with Jim Morrison and John Lee Hooker.
  • Rexall by Dave Navarro
    • Seems that anyone who was once a guitarist for the Chilli Peppers, ends up with solo CD's. Somehow I end up owning their cd's, but not a single RHCP cd. Know why? I can't STAND Anthony Kiedes's voice.
  • Take the Power Back by Rage Against The Machine
    • One of Rage's best songs. Good lyrics, a catchy bass line, and amazing Tom Morello guitar work.
  • Amsterdam by Coldplay
    • This just may be my favorite Coldplay song.
  • Take a Picture by Filter
    • I know a lot of Filter fans that hate this song. Luckily I'm not a filter fan, and I can like their non screaming song.
  • Prelude 3.0 by Slipknot
    • This is the first song off of Vol. 3, the Subliminal Verses. The song is way different than the stuff off of their older CD's. Really showed a maturity, and a level of musicality (Made up word I think, but it covers it) in the band.
  • Burn One Down by Ben Harper
    • Ben Harper will never stop amazing me. He just does too many genre's of music on one CD. Reggae for this track.
  • When World's Collide by Powerman 5000
    • Rob Zombie's little brother at work here. Really an underated band. You have to like loud guitars, screaming, and catchy beats to get into them though.
  • Licking Cream by Sevendust
    • Another band I can't get enough of. They are one of those bands that constantly cross the line between being a metal band, and being a rock band. Bands like this have always been some of my faves. Just look at band #1 on this list. They did it thoughout their careers too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home