July 01, 2005

Musical Ramblings

  • Livin La Vida Loca covered by Toy Dolls
    • Yet another bad cover. The horn part was replaced by the kazoo. The vocals are done by, what sounds to be, a guy with a high pitched voice, with an accent. Its horrible, yet strangely entertaining.
  • Violence Fetish by Disturbed
    • One of the better bands to make it big the past 5 years or so. The question is, when are they going to finish the album they have been working on forever, and is the bands chemistry going to be the same with a new bass player, who was taken from a better, although broken up band (The Union Underground).
  • Change (in the house of flies) by the Deftones
    • I miss the old deftones. The My Own Summer (shove it) and around the fur deftones. The angry, screaming, loud Deftones. Although I do like some of the newer songs, the world didn't need someone who seems to try to sound like Billy Corgan singing.
  • Living Without You by Sister Machine Gun
    • I think I raved about this band a few weeks ago. Although this isn't one of my favorite songs (just happened to show up as iTunes grabbed songs), it does show the uniqueness of the band. Don't run into many saxophone solo's in rock nowadays.
  • Love, Hate, Love (live) by Alice In Chains
    • Hearing this song live at a show made me realize, to the full extent, how great a band they were. This song is one of those ultimate break up songs. Layne Staley just hit the vocals, and the emotions of this song head on.
  • Exorcism by Killing Joke
    • Killing Joke was one of those, kinda random bands I was listening to for a CD in the early to mid nineties. Good disc, fit in with what I was listening to at the time, but never quite gelled into a long term following for me.
  • I Got You (I Feel Good) by James Brown
    • About 9 years ago (July 4th weekend, 1996) me and a friend of mine hung out at my brother's apartment at school for the weekend. My brother's roomate had this James Brown boxed set. We've both been hooked ever since.
  • Crazy by Willie Nelson
    • A lot of people would expect this to be listed as being a Patsy Cline cover. Nope. Willie wrote the song, she just made it famous. Can't cover something you wrote. Willie wasn't blessed with the greatest voice in country, but he is one of the best lyricists in country music history. Willie is to country what Bob Dylan is to rock.
  • Selling the Drama by Live
    • Another band I was once a loyal follower of. Solid rock band, and a great singer... if he could just keep the oooooaaaaaahs under control.
  • It's Not Unusual by Tom Jones
    • One of my friends got me into Tom Jones. When we were in high school, we had those regular nights of going out, and just driving around. We had.... now I show my age.... Cassette Tapes with a ton of music on them that was just a bit off. This is where my own series of odd party CD's known as "The Happy Music" came from. Well, one night my friend played the new Tom Jones single "If you only knew" and we couldn't stop laughing at the, *laughs* rap part. Yes, Tom Jones rapping. A few years later Tom had that role in Mars attacks, which made a greatest hits CD a must have for me. Might I add, Tom Jones is a PIMP!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger marieke said...

I can't listen to "Its not unusual" without thinking of Carlton from Fresh Prince of Bel-Air. A stupid show, but Carlton dancing to that song was one of the funniest things I have ever seen! You just reminded me of that, so I had to share! :)

Fri Jul 01, 03:02:00 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home