September 28, 2005

Creative Freedom of the Press

We've heard it before: the news is slanted, and not true. Well, for the first time in my life, I am able to verify it is not true. Simply because someone I know, who used to live in New Orleans, has a friend, who's boyfriend, was interviewed by none other than the BBC as he returned back to New Orleans. (yeah, I have it straight, do you?)

Well, since Katrina hit, I've been reading my friend's friend's journal. (Can't give that one away, because that one is linked to a link to a link to my personal journal.) So, here are the creative bits that were added to the article.

The article, in quotes, has him saying "They didn't know what they were doing. It was basically three days of queuing," Raymond said. "Three days with no privacy surrounded by the noise of everyone else there."

False. Not a real statement. We American's don't use the word queuing. We say standing in line. That was the first thing she said was wrong.

They also say he slept on the floor somewhere for a while. She said they didn't. At least two lies in one article. Way to go Verity Murphy.

Don't you just love journalistic integrity?

6 Comments:

Blogger Froyd said...

mmm....integrity...tastes like fish and chips....

Wed Sep 28, 08:47:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Michael said...

mmmmm....
fish and chips...

If I ever end up in England, that is the first thing I'm going for, well... maybe a beer or ten. Their original version is a wee bit different than Yankee style.

Wed Sep 28, 04:28:00 PM CDT  
Blogger -L said...

Yummm...fish and chips...I can verify, they're gorgeous over there! That's all I eat! But, hey, I'm from Wisconsin, so I can handle the artery-clogging foods with ease. :)

Fri Sep 30, 07:44:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Michael said...

understand the artery clogging foods of wisconscin, as I am just a wee bit south, in the artery clogging land of chicago.

Here, pork is white meat, and chicken is a vegetable.

In wisconscin, you eat fried cheese curds, and real chili isn't just for breakfast anymore (at least in milwaukee it isn't.)

Sat Oct 01, 12:40:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Jenni said...

Yummm...fried cheese...Have you experienced the joy??

Mon Oct 03, 05:26:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Michael said...

Yes, I have experianced the joy of fried cheese curds. Yummy shiznit.

Mon Oct 03, 09:49:00 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home