January 27, 2007

Dusty Old Cat - b. June 1987, d. January 27, 2007

After being my sidekick and buddy for nearly 20 years, the dusty old kitty had reached her limit.

I woke up to her having a seizure at about 6 AM. I knew at that point she was living on borrowed time.

She was a bit out of it, but I got a couple hours to hold her, pet her, hear her purr, and just say goodbye. Keeping her any longer would have prolonged her suffering, and been selfish on my part. I'm just happy I got a chance to say goodbye to my baby.

I'm gonna miss her.

10 Comments:

Blogger Froyd said...

R.I.P. D.O.C.

it's never easy.

Sat Jan 27, 03:05:00 PM CST  
Blogger marieke said...

:(

Sat Jan 27, 06:06:00 PM CST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man...

Reminds me of my own cat Kittykot.

She'll be right happy in Catheaven swimming in a pool of Friskies...

Sun Jan 28, 06:33:00 AM CST  
Blogger -L said...

Aw, Michael, I'm so sorry to hear this news. I'm so glad you were able to give her a proper send off. *big hugs*

Sun Jan 28, 03:37:00 PM CST  
Blogger Matt said...

Sorry for your loss Micheal. Twenty years is a long time. It is really something special when animals and humans form such strong bonds. Peace be with you my friend.

Sun Jan 28, 06:46:00 PM CST  
Blogger Michael said...

Thanks everyone, I really appreciated your comments. I had thought I had been prepared for it... I couldn't have been more wrong. I had no clue I would have taken it so hard. That cat was such a huge part of my life for so long...

Tue Jan 30, 01:25:00 AM CST  
Blogger -L said...

Post more photos and stories, if it helps! *hugs*

Tue Jan 30, 12:35:00 PM CST  
Blogger christine said...

wow. 20 years. i'm glad you had a little extra time to say goodbye.

Tue Jan 30, 06:16:00 PM CST  
Blogger Jose said...

Man, that sucks, I know it's hard. At least you had it 20 years.

Tue Jan 30, 08:26:00 PM CST  
Blogger adem said...

Really sorry about the moggie. I love my cat dearly and she's around 14 years old.

I couldn't really imagine her not being around.

Mon Feb 05, 09:53:00 AM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home