January 23, 2005

Who Said That?

  • Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. - Dwight D. Eisenhower
  • Bad habits are like a comfortable bed, easy to get into but hard to get out of. - Anonymous
  • Good taste is better than bad taste, but bad taste is better than no taste. - Arnold Bennett
  • Don't be afraid to take a big step. You can't cross a chasm in two small jumps. - David Lloyd George
  • I consider chaos a gift. - Septima Clark
  • Once reason why I don't drink is because I wish to know when I am having a good time. - Nancy Astor
  • Sour, sweet, bitter, punent, all must be tasted. - Chinese Proverb
  • It is not length of life, but depth of life. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • The threat of a neglected cold is for doctors what the threat of purgatory is for priests - a gold mine. - Sebastian Chamfort
  • The religions we call false were once true. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • I don't know if I am more afraid of Bush's foreign policy or domestic policy, so I'll take my chances in the U.S. - Art Spiegelman

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home