September 29, 2005

3 New Ones

Out with 3 old, in with 3 new songs.

I Don't Wanna Be A Soldier covered by Mad Season
Originally a John Lennon tune, covered by bunch of guys from various bands in Seattle back in 94 or 95. Layne Staley (RIP) from Alice In Chains on vocals, Mike McCready (Pearl Jam) on guitar, Barret Martin from the Screaming Trees on drums, this unknown Baker guy McCready met in Minneapolis on bass, and "Nalgas Sin Carne" on Sax.

Buckethead by Colonol Claypool's Bucket Of Bernie Brains
Les Claypool supergroup starring the Colonol himself, Buckethead on guitar, Bernie Worrell on keyboards, and Brains (think he was with Les in Primus for a few discs) on drums. Its yet another reincarnation of the rock/hippy/funk that only Les could possibly come up with. The man is a genius, the Frank Zappa of my generation.

Perfect Woman by Lollipop Lust Kill
I just picked up their CD, as I had been searching for it in a brick and mortar store for about 6 months, and finally gave up and bought it online from amazon. Excellent pick up I might add, if your into the whole, goth/metal scene.

Hope I manage to scare at least one of you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home