June 20, 2006

Gnarley

So... I recently came accross a copy of Gnarls Barkley - St. Elsewhere... now I finally understand what all the hype is about. The CD is good. Amazing even. Its a mishmash of sounds from every genre known to man. Its unlike anything you've heard before, but all you know is its great music.

So, I had to do a little research. The group is DJ/Producer Dangermouse and Cee-Lo (from Goodie Mob). Dangermouse produced the last Gorillaz CD (which is some amazing good poop in this kids book) and had the sick idea to remix the Beatles White Album with Jay-Z's Black Album to make "The Grey Album."

Takes me a while to catch onto things at times, since I haven't listened to the radio regularly in about ten years. Then again, 90% of what the radio plays is trash. I'll stick to my recommendation and sampling as it is now... its proven to be quite effective, albeit a bit late at times.

4 Comments:

Blogger adem said...

I haven't heard the album, and one of the main reasons behind this is that the first single was really hyped up.

I will now go out of my way not to listen to it until it has faded out of memory and then I'll listen to it.

Strange eh??? But that's the way I like it.

Tue Jun 20, 06:31:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Jenni said...

I am so behind I don't even know what you are talking about. Beat that! :)

Tue Jun 20, 11:19:00 PM CDT  
Blogger Michael said...

adem-that is me with movies. I refuse to see some just because of hype. Music though... depends. My listening pleasure of the Gnarls cd didnt cost me any money so... makes things different.

jenni-lol. thanks, I feel better now.

Wed Jun 21, 12:07:00 AM CDT  
Blogger Michael said...

lisa-LMAO... too funny. Hence why I don't post pics of myself. I try to look like I'm a deranged hippy/goth/metalhead in pictures.

Wed Jun 21, 05:33:00 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home